While anyone can participate, One Health Day especially encourages students (secondary, undergraduate, graduate, professional) to set up One Health (virtual) events that facilitate student delegates working together from different academic disciplines/backgrounds. For fun and added incentive, student teams organizing an event for One Health Day may enter their event to compete for cash prizes. Winning events will be selected by a jury of renowned international One Health experts. Student Event awards of $2,000 each will go to the top event in each of four global regions.
Student teams wishing to compete are urged to closely follow competition instructions and checklist for their events to qualify.
Student One Health Day Teams are eligible to apply for one of three One Health Day Awards if they:
- Have at least one ecology / environmental, one human medical, one veterinary medical, and one additional non-medical related student (examples: Anthropology, Chemistry, Communications, Engineering, Social Sciences, Wildlife, Zoology, etc.) N=4 or more students.
- Team members can cross institutional and geographic (e.g., country) boundaries
- Submit proof of ‘students in good standing’ letters or Proof of Registration for each team member on their University’s letterhead from a faculty member or Department Head. (Note: It is possible that more than one University will be represented on a single team.) (Due AFTER event)
- Register your event to compete (Due at least 2 WEEKS BEFORE event).
- Hold your (virtual) event between September 1 and November 30
Visit here to participate.