Deadline: 11:59pm (WAT), 10th September, 2020.
OCI FOUNDATION is pleased to announce that, in partnership with the South East (SE) Zone of the Nigerian Medical Student’s Association (NiMSA), arrangements have been concluded to introduce the annual Literary Award for Medical Students (LAMS) Initiative. The OCI Foundation will be the sole sponsors of this Award, whose inaugural edition will commence in August 2020, and is designed to identify, inspire, and reward medical students who show literary dexterity.
The competition is currently open to all the EIGHT Medical Students Associations (MSAs) within the South-East Zone of the Nigerian Medical Student Association (NiMSA), and any medical student enrolled with any of these MSAs is eligible. These MSAs include:
- ABSUMSA: Abia State University Medical Students Association
- AEFUMSA: Alex Ekwueme Federal University Medical Students Association
- COOUMSA: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Medical Students Association
- EBSUMSA: Ebonyi State University Medical Students Association
- ESUMSA: Enugu State University Medical Students Association
- IMSUMSA: Imo State University Medical Students Association
- NAUMSA: Nnamdi Azikiwe University Medical Students Association
- UNMSA: University of Nigeria Medical Students Association
Theme: Back To The Future
The submitted essay should be between 800-1000 words only, an impartial panel of judges made up of students drawn equally from each of the MSAs within the Zone will be set up annually. They will be in charge of selecting the best entries. This set up minimizes bias, and entrenches fair play.
The judges would be looking out for:✓CREATIVITY✓ Relevance to the theme✓Originality✓ Grammar✓ Spelling
Prizes:The prizes to be won includes;
- Winner: NGN 20,000 PLUS a special feature on the region’s social media platforms
- First runner-up: NGN 15,000.00
- Second runner-up: NGN 10,000.00
To Apply:Kindly send your essay to; firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information Click here