IASSS 2021 Committee Nominations. IASSS aims to unite the world’s existing student surgical interest groups, facilitate the creation of new ones and ensure every aspiring surgeon around the world has the opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals locally and internationally.
Nominate yourself or others for a position on the 2021 IASSS Committee!
* President: Official spokesperson of the IASSS. Must be a current/past IASSS Committee member
* Vice-President: Leads the IASSS along with the President.
* Administration Officer: All administrative duties including meeting minutes, emails & official correspondences
* Admin team: Works under the Administrative Officer to assist with administrative tasks
* Dean of the Academy: Oversees academic platform and research initiatives/opportunities
* Academy team: Works under Dean of the Academy to assist with academic & research tasks
* Editor in Chief: Oversees all media & marketing, website content, and social media publications
* Editorial team: Works under Editor in Chief to assist with media & marketing tasks
* Capacity Director: Strengthens international contacts and affiliations, builds the international IASSS network by coordinating and leading the IASSS Chapter Leads
* Chapter Lead: Regional representative of the IASSS, works under Capacity Director to strengthen IASSS contacts in your region, support existing surgical societies in your region, and recruit new members
Selection criteria for eligible applicants:
1. Applicants must be members of IASSS (sign up free now) @ https://www.iasss.org/iump-subscription-plan/
2. Applicants must currently be a medical student or young pre-specialist doctor. Please submit proof of enrollment or recent graduation with your application.
3. Applicants must make/have made a significant impact in the field of surgery, surgical education or research in his/her region (e.g. Chairperson of a surgical society, leader of a surgical project at a local or regional level, etc.)
4. Applicants must submit a Letter of Motivation of no more than 500 words addressing the topic: “Why do you want to be part of the IASSS Committee for 2021?”
5. Applicants must provide a reference letter from your Head of Department of Surgery/Dean of Faculty/other reliable source endorsing your application.
6. Proficient in English
We look forward to your applications! For more information on the various roles please follow our Instagram page or contact email@example.com
Launch date: Monday, 16 November 2020
Deadline: Wednesday, 16 December 2020 at 23:30 GMT+2