COVID-19: In My City aims to gather, publish and disseminate a rich collection of narratives on COVID-19 experiences across African cities as voiced and lived by young people between the ages of 18-35.
Submissions can be in different forms (non-fiction, photography, drawing, animations, video clips, or poetry) that showcase young people’s observations, experiences, or action during the COVID-19 in their environments.
The top 20 selected submission will be:
- Featured prominently in the publication
- Be a part of a fast-growing community of youth leaders featured in our publication
- Get access to media amplification and profiling
- Get updates on a wide range of opportunities within the network
The top 4 selections will:
- Receive $500 each
- Get access to exclusive AYNM events
- Access to 1-1 mentorship
- And have an intimate intergenerational conversation with Founders, Mrs Graça Machel and Dr Nkosana Moyo.
African citizen based on the continent aged between 18-35
Submission based on experience in an African city, in the following categories and formats
- Non- fiction;
- Visual art;
- Written word submissions of 1500 words maximum (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese and Swahili) or;
- Images not more than 20mp;
- A visual or audio clip, not more than 2 minutes (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Swahili).
DEADLINE: September 30, 2020
To apply and more information visit here