Deadline: October 30, 2020
Are you interested to lead youths passionate about global health in your country? Apply now to become an African Young Leaders for Global Health Country Coordinator.
The African Young Leaders for Global Health (AYLGH) is a youth-led nonprofit organization registered in Nigeria with board of trustee members from various parts of Africa. They are leveraging the power of youth across Africa to Strengthen Health systems in the African Continent. They aim to achieve this through building capacity of young people passionate about global health, thus raising the next generation of global health leaders from the continent, translating research evidence to effective policy advocacy for attainment of Universal Health Coverage within the African Continent and health promotion through community outreach projects.
Country coordinators will be responsible to
- Build and strengthen the membership base for African Young Leaders for Global Health in their country.
- Act as the focal person for their country and communicating regularly with the AYLGH executive team.
- Develop and implement annual work plans for the AYLGH country chapter.
Joining a cohort of country coordinators provides you the opportunity to:
- Mobilize youths in your country to advocate for Universal health coverage and collaborate on various global health capacity building and mentoring projects in your country.
- Access to training and global health mentorship opportunities.
- A great opportunity to enhance your resume as a leader in global health.
- Letters of recommendation will be made available upon request.
- Anyone between 18 and 35 years of age regardless of gender, race or ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or national origin are encouraged to apply.
- Must be resident in the African country where they are applying to be coordinators.
- Have basic knowledge and passionate about global health.
- Experience in advocacy, preferably universal health coverage advocacy.
- Dedicated to bring about change in their community.
The deadline for applications is October 30, 2020. Late applications will not be considered.