The 4YouthByYouth is seeking applications for its Adolescent Engagement in HIV Research in Africa. The purpose of this crowdsourcing open call is to solicit creative ways that adolescents (14-24 years old) have participated in HIV research studies in Africa. The submissions to this open call will be used to inform research and help develop a manuscript on the same topic.
This is what will appear in the first line when this post
Adolescents across Africa are engaging in HIV research in innovative ways, setting a new standard for meaningful research engagement. Youth have been involved in the design, implementation, and dissemination of research findings in sub-Saharan HIV research.
With the support of the Adolescent HIV Prevention and Treatment Implementation Science Alliance, several adolescent networks and platforms have emerged in the past several years. In partnership with AHISA and sister organizations, they propose a crowdsourcing open call. Crowdsourcing has a group of individuals attempt to solve a problem and then share solutions with the public.
- They will create prizes for participation and also based on merit. Prizes will only be given to adolescents. Prizes for winning submissions from adults will be given to selected adolescents associated with the submissions.
- The total budget for all prizes will be $2,500 USD. All finalists will receive at least $250 USD as a prize and the total amount and distribution of prizes will be decided by the steering committee.
- Selected finalists will be involved in co-creating the manuscript as co-authors. All those who have a mean score of 7/10 or greater will receive a commendation.
- Anyone who has been involved in youth engagement in HIV research in Africa can participate.
- Applicant should be between 14-24 years old.
Formats for Submission
- Texts (500 words), images (less than 5 MB), videos (less than 3 minutes).
- Submissions will be allowed via Email, WhatsApp, and Google Forms.
- Submissions will be accepted in all languages. At the same time, if the language of submission is not English or French, a translated version of the submission will also be required.
Judging criteria will include the following:
- Innovation – 2 points;
- Feasibility in Africa – 2 points;
- Clear description of youth engagement – 2 points;
- Extent or degree of youth engagement – 2 points;
- Scalability in diverse African settings – 2 points.
You can submit the crowdsourcing form in the following ways (choose the option that works best for you):
Deadline: January 31, 2021